My first project was my teddies. I have been working on this collection for years and years. Whenever my Dad went out of town he would bring me back a teddy. When ever I went on vacation I bought a teddy. I found a lot of them in great little shops and boutiques. When I got a little older I wanted to use them in my children nursery. Justin was not too thrilled with the idea, but I pretty much told him he had no choice in the matter. I think in the end he's OK with them.
Next was the big cross stitching project. I make so many things for other people, trying to decide what to make for my own children was torture! I had no idea what to do. I had bought the ABC Beatrix Potter patterns years and years ago. I finally decided that I wanted to use that, and I could not find the patterns anywhere!! I looked online again and I could only find 2 and they were super expensive. I was so mad. I decided to look again. Luckily I found them, and they were exactly where I thought it was, I just missed them the first time I looked.
The patterns technically have a character for each letter but I did not want it to be super huge.I decided to do every other letter with a character, and it turned out nice because Wilson and Stella have the same number of letters in their names, and they turned out pretty close to the same size.
For the charectures I just picked the ones I liked. I had to have Peter, and Jemima Puddle duck. The rest I just chose because they were cute.
Putting together the pattern was pretty time consuming. I had to map out each letter, and then insert the character where they would best fit. I also had to make up some of the patterns. They were missing corners and such because the animals were technically paired with different letters.
I was in the hospital a lot, so I was able to finish these pretty quickly. My Mom helped me out and got them framed.
Next was my small cross stitching project. These cute little animals were in an issue of CrossStitcher. They were in a free kit to make little ornaments. I thought they were perfect for my woodland creature themed nursery.
Years ago I saw in a magazine hoops wrapped in ribbon. I did that for another project and it turned out super cute, so I wanted to do that again.
The other obstacle was there was only 5 patterns and I needed 6. I like things to be symmetrical. I decided I could probably design my own. I created the little bunny. He was good addition. And I think I was not too far off so it looks like it was not designed separately from the group.
My mother is amazing, but you all know that. She made these adorable quilts for the twins beds. She also made the bumper pads. They originally started out as just the little yellow and brown owl material. And then they evolved into the quilts you see here. My mother never does anything half a**.
She also crocheted adorable granny square blankets.
I have an extra set of stamped feet, so when they are 1 we want to put them all next to each other to see how they have grown.
So that is my sweet nursery. I had a lot of fun decorating it and to see my kids in it is a dream come true. I love them so much. I can't even imagine my life without them. And I'm so grateful that families are forever.