Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentines Day Project

Since I am stuck at home sick, I figured this would be a good time to catch up on the blogging.  One of my recent projects was making a Valentines Day wreath. I went to Ben Franklin Crafts and wandered around until I had the idea all worked out in my head. It took some trial and error getting the right supplies, and the wreath went up right before Valentines Day. I like cutting it close.
 I ended up buying the wrong size of self cover buttons in the beginning, thinking that it would be close enough. Well luckily Amazon has everything, and with free two day shipping, it didn't set me too far back
 I made lots of little rosettes. This was my first attempt at it, I see it all the time in my magazines, and I thought I would give it a try. All the buttons looks like conversation hearts.

And the finished wreath turned out pretty cute. All the flowers are on clips so I can change the wreath for each holiday. I love the burlap wreath, I plan on using it all year round. And thanks to my mom it has a cute pink bow.

1 comment:

  1. It looks lovely! I have a deep respect for people who can come up with things like this - I've never had that talent.

    ReplyDelete