Monday, June 24, 2013

Buzz Buzz

Summer is here, and that means a new wreath. I had so many ideas for this one, and in the end I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out.
I got the pattern from issue 250 of CrossStitcher Magazine. This is one of my favorite issues. It is the same one that I got my Easter bunnies from, and I have no doubt I will continue to return to this issue for more projects.
The bees turned out so cute buzzing all around the flower. What I did for the little curls was took floral wire and wrapped it in yarn.  I also used tacky glue to keep the yarn from unraveling easily. The flowers were also a find. I just happened to be a Michael's wandering around and found these in their bins of cheap stuff. I think they were only 1.50 each.

The lady bugs were an after thought. I was talking to by Mom one morning and she suggested I add lady bugs with the bees. She didn't know this, but it just so happened that the pattern I was using was of bees and lady bugs. So I decided to do some lady bugs as well.  The ribbon was originally suppost to look like a picnic blanket. That was what I originally visioned. But after stitching the white, I don't think that's really what it looks like, but its cute and summery, so I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment