Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Still Learning

I got to try some new techniques with my latest project, and I had a lot of fun! Now I just have to figure out what to do with it. I also think I'm going to use these new techniques and create some patterns for some Christmas ornaments, but really, knowing me that won't happen for a while, but its a thought!
Padded Rhodes Heart
Smyrna Cross
Double Backstitch
Rice Stitch

Mosaic Stitch
Finished project!


A few confessions when it comes to this project
a) I measured the aida wrong, so I had to take a large chunk of the design out.
b) The double back stitch totally threw me off! So its really messed up, but I think it looks ok.
c) As I was just now looking at the magazine that I got this pattern out of, didn't even notice it showed how to do the rice stitch, so I did it totally wrong! But oh well, better luck next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment