Friday, March 1, 2013

St. Patty's Wreath Take 2

I was not a fan of last years St. Patrick's wreath, so I decided to try again this year with something different. I'm really liking the result this year, I think this one is a keeper.

 I started by getting onto Google and searching images of St. Patrick's wreaths for inspiration. This was my concept drawing when I started.

First I started with making the bunting. I still had green material from last years project, so I just used that instead of going and finding something else. To cut the bunting triangles I used the best crafting purchase ever, pinking shears! I love these things.
I then traced the triangle shape onto my aida, and stitched the letters with variegated green floss that I have had for ages. I have TONS of variegated floss, I don't think I'll ever be able to use it all.
Next I made the cute little flowers. I love making these, they are so fast and easy! The middle of the flowers are self cover buttons.

I have been trying to use this ribbon that I bought for ages, but I never can figure out what to use it on. This turned out to be the perfect project. The ribbon is woven like aida, I was so excited when I fist found it around Christmas time. Whenever I see it at the store I always buy some. I'll let you imagine how much I actually have...its a lot... So anyways, I was so excited that I got to use it. I stitched little shamrocks on the portion of the ribbon that would actually be showing.

The finished product went up on my door tonight and I am so thrilled with the way it turned out!

1 comment: