Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Stitchy Saturday

This last Saturday was a rare occasion. I got up bright and early, went to work, got all my shopping done, and then by 11:00 a.m. I had nothing else to do. I didn't even have to work later that night! So what did I do all day? You guessed it. I stitched!

I actually had no idea what to do, so for inspiration I was going through old projects that I have done but haven't really done anything with. That is when I ran across the cute bird that I stitched up quite a while ago. I had the pillow form, and all the fabric, so I decided that would be a good starting point for my day. The end result was fantastic.



So with that project all done and still plenty of time left in the day I decided I needed to start on a new wreath. My Easter one was still hanging up and it was definitely time for it to come down.

I had an idea in my head, and I think the end result turned out pretty spectacular.
I ended up using a pattern by Lizzie Kate. I love her designs! It was from her Summer alphabet. I stitched on 14 count aida, over 2 because I wanted it to be big!

 I then upholstered the letters onto pieces of cardboard, and had fun with some bright colored rick rack, and TONS of hot glue. I think my favorite letter turned out to be the "g". I now have this urge to do a bumble bee wreath....maybe next time.



I then had to bring my mother over to help with the bow. I am hopeless when it comes to making bows. She has shown me again and again, and I have successfully made 1. One day I will be a master crafter like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment